Preparing for Interviews and Offers of Admission
InterviewsWhen should I hear back from the dental schools?
Dental School AcceptanceWhen will the dental schools start sending offers of acceptance?
The dental schools begin extending offers of acceptance on December 15, 2021. Offers of acceptance will continue to be made until classes are filled. See Deadlines and Important Dates for more information.
- Applicants who receive offers of acceptance from more than one dental school must choose the one school that he/she prefers and withdraw from the other school(s) in accordance with the terms of the acceptance (generally this should be within a two week period).
After May 1, 2022 no dental school in Texas may offer a position to an applicant already accepted by another dental school in Texas.
- This is the result of an agreement among the four Texas dental schools. Only extraordinary circumstances warrant an exception to this policy. If this should occur, the Dean/Director of Admissions at the school wishing to extend an offer must receive approval from the Dean/Director of Admissions at the school where the applicant is holding a position before the offer is extended.
Formal offers of acceptance to participants in any special or assured admission program may be extended on or after October 15, 2021. Except for those programs that allow participants to apply to other schools, a school may withdraw an assured acceptance agreement from an applicant who applies to other participating schools. Except as noted below, Special/Assured program participants may not apply to other schools.
Special/Assured Admission Programs Include:
- TAMHSC Dental Early Acceptance Program (may apply to other schools)
- UTSD@H Dental Early Acceptance Program (may apply to other schools)
- UTHSCSA Dental Early Acceptance Program
Applicant Responsibilities During Admissions ProcessInterview Protocol, withdrawing an application, and enrollment.
Interview Protocol and Etiquette
Applicants must respond promptly to all invitations for interview. In those instances, when an applicant cannot appear for a previously scheduled interview, the applicant is responsible for promptly notifying the school. The cancellation should be undertaken by telephone with the school, followed by an email.
Withdrawing an Application
Applicants who choose to withdraw from one or more schools must notify each school and TMDSAS in writing via internal message of their decision. Withdrawn applications can be reinstated by sending a message through the application internal messaging system until November 1, 2021.
Administrative Withdrawals: Applications will not be transmitted to member institutions without a residency determination. After November 1, 2021, applicants who have not resolved their residency in their applications within 30 days of being informed of the issues will be administratively withdrawn.
If an application has been held for any reason other than residency, after November 1, 2021, applicants who have not resolved issues in their applications within 30 days of being informed of the issues will be transmitted to the schools to which they’ve applied.
Notifying Institutions of Intent to Enroll
Applicants who have made a final decision on the school they plan to attend have the obligation to promptly withdraw their applications from all other schools.